It is required to perform the following adjustment as user with administrator role in your hintcatcher system.
Some functionality / settings may only be available in some hintcatcher plans.
hintcatcher has integrated basic spam protection to protect your reporting office from abusive reports from automated bots.
If you still receive abusive spam reports from automated bots via your hintcatcher hotline, enabling advanced spam protection can reduce the number of abusive messages by better detecting and blocking suspicious operations on your reporting office.
Please note the following information
- The Advanced Spam Protection works in the background, which means that whistleblowers do not have to solve any additional puzzles (so-called captchas) even if the option is activated.
- It is unlikely but possible that with Advanced Spam Protection enabled, abusive operations will be mistaken for legitimate, and legitimate operations will be mistaken for abusive and therefore blocked.
- Please note the information on the use of this setting provided in the hintcatcher case management settings.
To activate the advanced spam protection for your reporting office, please carry out the following steps:
- In case management, switch to the Settings page
- In the Settings of your reporting office section, activate the Advanced Spam Protection option:
Advanced spam protection is now activated and suspicious operations on your reporting office will be blocked.